THE POLE ALMSHOUSES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1108965

Date first listed: 26-Aug-1965

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Aug-1985

Statutory Address: THE POLE ALMSHOUSES, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE POLE ALMSHOUSES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1108965 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 00:12:34.

Location

Statutory Address: THE POLE ALMSHOUSES, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Bolsover (District Authority)

Parish: Barlborough

National Grid Reference: SK 47772 77169

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 47 NE PARISH OF BARLBOROUGH CHURCH STREET 1/28 (East Side) 26.8.65 The Pole Almshouses GV II



Almshouses. Dated 1752. Restored 1983. Coursed squared sandstone with sandstone dressings and quoins. Rendered to rear. Welsh slate roof, hipped to south and twin gabled to north, with copings and moulded kneelers. Brick gable and ridge stacks. Two storeys. Symmetrical three bay south elevation. Central doorway with plain stone surround, flanked by 2-light square section flush mullion windows. Three similar windows above. Raised stone panel between the doorway and the window above has inscribed dedication; This HOSPITAL/was Erected and Endowed/by Mrs Margt. Pole/and Miss Mary Pole./of Park Hall. in this parish/A.D.1752. The side elevations have two tiers of three 2-light recessed and chamfered mullion windows. Squared leaded glazing.

Listing NGR: SK4777277169

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 79198

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing