This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

TRINITY METHODIST CHURCH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: TRINITY METHODIST CHURCH

List entry Number: 1109179

Location

TRINITY METHODIST CHURCH, CHURCH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Amber Valley

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Dethick, Lea and Holloway

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Aug-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 78695

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 35 NW PARISH OF DETHICK, LEA AND HOLLOWAY CHURCH STREET 1/48 Trinity Methodist Church

II

Non conformist church. Dated 1852. Regularly coursed gritstone blocks with coped gables, moulded kneelers, a single ashlar gable stack, crucifix finials, and a slated roof, with a sidewall tower rising from a central entrance porch. Double pile plan, with projecting crosswing to centre of rear pile, and attached range to east end of main range. East elevation: three bay main range with tall pointed windows to end bays and a side wall tower incorporating an entrance porch to the centre bay, of three stages, with chamfered bands to junctions of tower stages. Pyramidal cap to tower above coved eaves band to head of pointed arched tower lights. Lower two bay range to north, also with tall pointed windows. Inscription above entrance I C S 1852 Interior retains narrow gallery to east end, and raised seating associated with the organ and the pulpit to the south end of the projecting crosswing.

Listing NGR: SK3240556566

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 32405 56566

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1109179 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2017 at 06:00:14.

End of official listing