CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1109343
Date first listed:
13-Sep-1967
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, BALLIDON LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1109343.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-Feb-2020 at 06:18:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, BALLIDON LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
Derbyshire Dales (District Authority)
Parish:
Ballidon
National Park:
PEAK DISTRICT
National Grid Reference:
SK 20385 54436

Details

SK 15 SE PARISH OF BALLIDON BALLIDON LANE 5/8 (East Side) 13.9.1967 CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

II

Church. C12, but almost entirely rebuilt in 1882. Coursed limestone with gritstone dressings. Stone slate roofs with stone coped west gable and gabled bellcote at the west end. Two cell plan of nave and chancel and a north vestry and south porch. South side windows with square heads and Decorated style tracery. 2-light east window with decorated style tracery. Single west lancet. No openings on north side. South porch entrance and south doorway in the Norman style, the doorway is much restored C12. Plain neo-Norman chancel arch, plain boarded ceiling. Perp font with crude incised decoration. In the nave, a six branch brass candelabrum. Stained glass in the east window, dated 1883.

Listing NGR: SK2038554436

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
80279
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Jul 2003
Reference: IOE01/10901/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Ken Bourne. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].