This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

List entry Number: 1109356

Location

CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, DAM LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Derbyshire Dales

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Eaton and Alsop

National Park: PEAK DISTRICT

Grade: II

Date first listed: 13-Sep-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 80299

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 15 NE PARISH OF EATON AND ALSOP DAM LANE 2/28 (South Side) 13.9.1967 CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

GV II

Church. C12 remains but largely rebuilt in 1882-3 by F J Robinson. Coursed rubble limestone with gritstone dressings. Slate roofs with stone ridge tiles and three stone coped gables with plain kneelers, the east gable with a ridge cross. West tower, nave and lower chancel. The tower is entirely of 1882 in the Norman Style. Angle quoins. Single west lancet, a small square window with chamfered surround to north and south sides. Bell Stage with string course below and parapet. Twin bell openings within a superarch to each facade South side of the nave with a small rectangular window and much restored C12 doorway of two orders, the inner one plain and chamfered, the outer with double zigzag with triangular floral motif and a motif of bead and lozenge. C19 plank door. To the right, a round-arched window and a C19 aedicule wall memorial. South side of chancel with two plain C19 2-light square headed windows. Crude C19 east window of 3-lights with Y-tracery with trefoiled circles. North side of the nave with three small round headed windows and at the junction of the nave and chancel a buttress with three set-offs and a chimney. Interior with plain two-stepped tower arch. Chancel arch with projecting C12 jambs and imposts and C14 arch above with a step and a chamfer. Small piscina with triangle head and roll moulding in the chancel north wall. C19 tiled floors. C19 pulpit richly decorated with pinnacles and a crocheted ogee.

Listing NGR: SK1601555127

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK1601555127

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1109356 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2017 at 03:07:32.

End of official listing