This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHAPEL HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHAPEL HOUSE

List entry Number: 1109387

Location

CHAPEL HOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Derbyshire Dales

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Middleton and Smerrill

National Park: PEAK DISTRICT

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Dec-1983

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 80164

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 16 SE PARISH OF MIDDLETON AND SMERRILL 4/32 Chapel House (formerly listed as Congregational Chapel) GV II

House, formerly Congregational Chapel with small house attached at rear. Dated 1826. Ashlar gritstone, with coped gables and parapets, single brick ridge stack and Welsh slate roof, and stone slates to former chapel house, Two and three storeys with 2-light Gothic 'Y' tracery windows to chapel and 2-light mullioned windows to basement, all with hood moulds and stops and Gothic glazing. String course delineates parapet. Gable to street has advanced doorway and flanking lancets, all with hood moulds and stops. Datestone in front gable inscribed '1826'. Interior now removed. Lower single bay house to rear with sash frames and Gothic lights in flush stone surrounds to rear gable upper floor. The chapel was erected and endowed by Thomas Bateman, Senior, of Middleton Hall.

Listing NGR: SK1954663308

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 19546 63308

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1109387 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2017 at 06:59:22.

End of official listing