This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

DUNKIRK MANOR

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: DUNKIRK MANOR

List entry Number: 1109670

Location

DUNKIRK MANOR, WATLEDGE ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Stroud

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Minchinhampton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 30-May-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 17-Jul-1980

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 435827

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WATLEDGE ROAD 1. 5227 (north-east side) Theescombe Dunkirk Manor (formerly listed under Amberley) SO 8400 5/3 30.5.51. II* GV 2. Remodelled circa 1800 for John Cooper (a miller) incorporating older buildings. Ashlar and rendering. Three storeys. Seven windows, glazing bar sashes with architraves. Continuous first floor cill; moulded string course at second floor level; moulded cornice and blocking course. Bracketted pediment of 3 central windows with large carved rosette. Left hand return of 3 windows with a 2-storey angled bay to right (emphasising that the present house is a reworking of the previous 2-storey house). Plain Tuscan portico with walled-up sides. Courtyard to rear has circa 1700 features (eg plinth, mullion window with drip) and a 2 arch loggia of 1877 supporting a bathroom. Linked by auxilliary building to pavilion on north side. Interior: late C18-style fireplaces with rosettes and paterae, on ground floor.

Listing NGR: SO8463700635

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SO 84637 00635

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1109670 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2017 at 09:17:25.

End of official listing