This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

OLD RECTORY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: OLD RECTORY

List entry Number: 1109707

Location

OLD RECTORY, THE GREEN

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Derbyshire Dales

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Brailsford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 12-Jul-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 81374

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 24 SE PARISH OF BRAILSFORD THE GREEN 6/33 (South Side) Old Rectory GV II

House. Early C16 or earlier, 1682, 1883, and 1925. Red brick, sandstone and timber framing, plain tile roof with two brick ridge stacks and an external stack to south. Two storeys, rectangular plan with two cross wings. South wing of brick, but said to encase a timber frame, it has a plain roof structure of massive timbers within the later roof. North wing, 1925 by T H Thorpe of Derby. East elevation of six bays. Centre three bays of massive well-cut stone blocks. Chamfered plinth and moulded stone first floor stringcourse stepped up over the central doorway, Cl9 cross windows on either side. Over the doorway, lintel inscribed Restored by/Revd J G Croker/1883/ Revd B Poole/1682. First floor has small single light window flanked by C19 3-light wooden casements. Gabled bay to left with a wooden cross window to ground floor and a 3-light window above. Gabled bay to right with a 3-light segment headed window to ground floor and a 3-light window above. Outer bay with a doorway and small window above. Inside, a room in the south wing has C17 panelling and some panelling made from old box pews. An upper room has a Cl7 moulded cornice.

Listing NGR: SK2525041292

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 25250 41292

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1109707 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2017 at 03:54:39.

End of official listing