This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE MANOR HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE MANOR HOUSE

List entry Number: 1109755

Location

THE MANOR HOUSE, MAIN STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Derbyshire Dales

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Marston Montgomery

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 05-Feb-1952

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 81283

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 13 NW PARISH OF MARSTON MONTGOMERY MAIN STREET 4/53 (South side) 5.2.52 The Manor House II*

House. Late C17 with C19 and C20 alterations and additions. Box timber framing on stone plinth with painted brick nogging and brick with brick dressings. Plain tile roofs with large stone ridge stack, topped by four circular stone pots, to west and enormous stepped external stone stack to east gable wall, topped by brick extension. Two storeys plus garrets and two bay east wing with advanced single bay crosswing. North elevation has 4-light leaded casement window in western crosswing and similar window to.east of east range, and between has been inserted a large two storey brick bay with bowed front. This has C20 5-light leaded casement window in bowed end and a panelled door with bracketed hood over to east side. Above, similar windows in same arrangement. Above again to west, a jettied gabled on carved timber brackets with blocked window to top. To east, projecting from the roof over the later brick bay is an advanced gabled timber frame bay, probably the former porch,and beyond to east, a gabled roof dormer with leaded lights to top and box framing below. South elevation has crosswing rebuilt in brick and ground floor hidden by C20 brick extensions. Interior has virtually all its original timber frame exposed, and chamfered ceiling beams. South room of crosswing has C17 panelling, carved fireplace and overmantle dated 1670 and panelled corner with shaped all possibly re-used, Original dogleg staircase through three floors with shaped splat balusters and moulded finials. West rooms of crosswing have stone four-centred arched fireplaces, that to first floor with carved spandrels.

Listing NGR: SK1339537840

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 13395 37840

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1109755 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2017 at 06:52:58.

End of official listing