This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

RAENSTOR CLOSE AND ATTACHED GARAGE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: RAENSTOR CLOSE AND ATTACHED GARAGE

List entry Number: 1109851

Location

RAENSTOR CLOSE AND ATTACHED GARAGE, ALPORT LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Derbyshire Dales

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Youlgreave

National Park: PEAK DISTRICT

Grade: II

Date first listed: 12-Jul-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 81098

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

20/21 63 20/21 64 PARISH OF YOULGREAVE ALPORT LANE 6/98 (South Side) Raenstor Close and attached 12.7.67 garage

GV II

House. 1911 by H Ibberson. Dressed random gritstone with gritstone dressings and quoins. Graduated green slate roof with moulded stone copings,which have large ridge and eaves finials,and two stone ridge stacks and two external stacks, also several cast- iron gutters with decorative hopper heads, four dated 1911. Domed bellcote on turned balusters to roof of north tower. Two storeys, with attics to southern range, L-plan with six bay garden front and three bay entrance front. Entrance front has advanced central gabled bay with semi-circular arch with long keystone, set off- centre to east, sheltering studded wooden double doors with long leaded side lights. To east, single storey bay with 3-light flush mullion window, and beyond a square tower set in corner between south and east ranges with semi-circular doorcase. To west of central bay, a recessed section with a large central external stack with small leaded window in, and between the stack and the central bay, a single storey bay with plain doorcase and another small leaded window. Beyond stack to west, a circular window with four keystones. Above in central bay, two 2-light flush mullion windows either side of semi-circular keystoned niche with statuette on carved corbel. To east, a 4-light flush mullion timber window with rendered panels either side, and beyond, the tower has a double transomed 4-light grid-like window to west and similar 2-light window to north. Immediately above, set at an angle, a metal clock face. To west, the external stack has angled sections to either side with small leaded windows. Eastern range has a mixture of 2 and 3-light flush mullioned windows and a gabled bay to north. Garden front has advanced bay window to west with 5-light chamfered mullion and transomed window and to east a large semi-circular verandah with fluted columns. Behind,the facade of the house has a flush quoined doorcase, lintel inscribed 'Deus Nobis Hec Ottia Fecit 1911', adjoining to east single light chamfered transomed window with similar 2-light and single light windows beyond. Advanced gabled bay with 4-light chamfered mullion and transomed window with hoodmould to east, and beyond two 2-light similar windows, with continuous hoodmould over. Above bay window to west, 2-light chamfered mullion windows either side of recessed doorcase with plank door. To east, one 3-light and one 4-light chamfered mullion window and similar four 4-light window with hoodmould in advanced bay with similar 2-light window with hoodmould above in gable. Beyond, to east, four semi-circular headed arches, three blocked with a pattern of brick, tile and stone rubble, third arch to east with leaded light. To extreme east, a 2-light chamfered mullion window. East gable has chamfered mullion and transomed windows,whilst east range has 2, 3 and 4-light flush mullion windows. Attached to north end, pair of double wooden gates curving upwards to centre, linking house to garage of gritstone rubble with green slate roof which has enlarged double doors to west with chequerwork of red brick and gritstone above in gable. Interior has original panelling and C18 style dogleg staircase, also original green marble Arts and Crafts style fireplace with leaded lintel decorated with Daniel in the Lions Den. Plasterwork Zodiac bosses to ceiling of sitting room.

Listing NGR: SK2160564527

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 21605 64527

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1109851 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2017 at 07:37:38.

End of official listing