THE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1109904

Date first listed: 29-Sep-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 22-Mar-1985

Statutory Address: THE HALL, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1109904 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 06:03:17.

Location

Statutory Address: THE HALL, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Derbyshire Dales (District Authority)

Parish: Great Longstone

National Park: PEAK DISTRICT

National Grid Reference: SK 19855 71954

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 17 SE PARISH OF GREAT LONGSTONE MAIN STREET 3/12 (North Side) 29.9.51 The Hall(formerly listed as Longstone Hall) II* GV

Small country house. C17 and 1747. Rubble limestone with gritstone dressings to earlier part and rubble limestone and brick with gritstone dressings to later part. Stone slate roof to earlier part, roof hidden behind parapets to later part. Earlier part has coped gables with moulded kneelers and ball finial. Stone stacks. Two and three storeys. Angle quoins. South elevation has lower Cl7 wing to left with a 3-light recessed and chamfered mullion window to the ground floor and to the first floor a 4-light recessed and chamfered mullion window with a transom and a major mullion, giving it the impression of being two cross windows. Moulded dripmould. All much restored in 1929. Three bay brick elevation to right with quoins, cornice and coped parapet with ball finials. Central doorway with moulded architrave and rusticated pilasters. C20 half glazed door. Flanked on each side by glazing bar sashes in stone surrounds with square bead moulding. Three similar windows above and three similar, but smaller windows above again. East elevation has a central doorway with stone surround, flanked on each side by glazing bar sashes. Three glazing bar sashes above, the centre one much larger and with moulded architrave and keystone. Three smaller glazing bar sashes above again. Coped parapet. Projecting service wing to north. Restoration in 1929 by Sir Hubert Worthington.

Listing NGR: SK1985571954

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 80923

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing