This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

METHODIST CHURCH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: METHODIST CHURCH

List entry Number: 1110009

Location

METHODIST CHURCH, TOWNGATE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Derbyshire Dales

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Bradwell

National Park: PEAK DISTRICT

Grade: II

Date first listed: 12-Oct-1984

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 80617

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 18 SE PARISH OF BRADWELL TOWNGATE

1/10 (South Side) Methodist Church II

Wesleyan Chapel, now Methodist Church. 1807, restored and extended 1891. Coursed limestone rubble with gritstone dressings and raised quoins. Plinth to west. Continuous plain bands to first floor and eaves. Stone slate roof, except chancel roof of slate. Stone side wall stack to chancel. Stone coped east gable with moulded kneelers. Three bays. East elevation - four steps up to four columned Tuscan portico with balustraded parapets of 1891. Behind, semi- circular headed raised doorcase. C20 double plank doors with traceried fanlight over. To either side, semi-circular headed margin light sashes in raised surrounds. Three similar windows over. Pedimented gable above with central plaque inscribed 'Wesleyan 1807, restored 1891'. North and south sides each have three similar sashes above and below. Small projecting chancel bay to west with similar windows. All sashes have coloured glass in margins. Interior - gallery to west, and part of north and south on cast iron columns.

Listing NGR: SK1730681102

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 17306 81102

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1110009 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2017 at 03:57:59.

End of official listing