This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

GLENART AND WESTERN RANGE OF HUNT'S DAIRIES

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: GLENART AND WESTERN RANGE OF HUNT'S DAIRIES

List entry Number: 1110663

Location

GLENART AND WESTERN RANGE OF HUNT'S DAIRIES, 12 AND 16, NEWLAND

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: West Dorset

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Sherborne

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 04-Oct-1973

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 104114

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NEWLAND 1. 1625 (South Side) No 12 [Glenart]. Western range of No 16 [Hunt's Dairies]. ST 6316 1/198 II GV 2. 2 storey range, C18 or earlier, roof probably of interest. Stone rubble front with parapet. New plaintiles to roof, one hipped dormer at left hand end. On right hand of carriageway is "Glenart" which has 2 window front with sash windows in flush frames. Late Georgian style doorcase with architrave and pediment. In centre is entry with 3-centred arch with gauged stone voussoirs; on a beam beneath the arch the following is carved: "R K 1609". On left hand of the arch, much rubbed, is following painted inscription: Licensed to let post and saddle horses. On this side also, and partly cutting into the notice, is a modern shop window. Behind is a long 2 storey range now occupied by Hunts Dairies. Formerly an annexe to the New Inn, demolished about 1842.

Nos 8 to 12 (even) and the western range of No 16 (Hunt's Dairies) form a group with the North wing of Digby Estate Office, Cheap Street.

Listing NGR: ST6384216857

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 63842 16857

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1110663 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 09:45:05.

End of official listing