BOW HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1110749

Date first listed: 28-Nov-1950

Statutory Address: BOW HOUSE, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BOW HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1110749 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 16:49:07.

Location

Statutory Address: BOW HOUSE, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: West Dorset (District Authority)

Parish: Sherborne

National Grid Reference: ST 63867 16512

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHURCH LANE 1. 1625 (North Side) Bow House ST 6316 1/72 28.11.50. II GV 2. Part of Sherborne School since 1916. C16 or C17, much restored and altered late C19 to early C20 and later. 2 storeys and attic. Stone slate roof with 3 hipped dormers. Coved cornice and carved fascia, from photographic evidence of late C19 to early C20 date. 1st floor of plaster and applied timber-framing; ground floor of stone. 3 window bays. 4-light casements with modern leaded glazing to 1st floor. On ground floor, from left to right hand end, two 2-tier, 2-light casement windows with diamond and lozenge shaped lead glazing; door with cover strips at right hand end. Once The Sun Inn. Large wrought iron lamp bracket at south angle of building.

Bow House, The Cemetery Gate, The Abbey Gate House, No 2 including premises occupied by Gilham Bros, No 3 including premises occupied by Gilham Bros form a group with No 88, The Conduit, No 90 and Saints John Building (The Parade), Cheap Street.

Listing NGR: ST6386516513

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 103930

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing