LITTLE HAYES FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1110859

Date first listed: 30-May-1986

Statutory Address: LITTLE HAYES FARMHOUSE, LITTLE HAYES CHASE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LITTLE HAYES FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1110859 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 06:15:57.

Location

Statutory Address: LITTLE HAYES FARMHOUSE, LITTLE HAYES CHASE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Maldon (District Authority)

Parish: Stow Maries

National Grid Reference: TQ 83281 97878

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STOW MARIES LITTLE HAYES CHASE TQ 89 NW 4/117 Little Hayes Farmhouse ­ II House. C17, extended in C18/C19. Timber framed, mainly clad with gault brick in Flemish bond and painted, roughcast rendered at E end, roofed with handmade red clay tiles. 4 bays facing S with axial stack in second bay from left end, and external stack at right end, with small lean-to extension each side of it. 2-storey lean-to extension with slate roof to rear of the 3 left bays, and C19 external stack to rear of it. Single-storey lean-to extension with slate roof to rear of this lean-to. 2 storeys. 4-window range of C19 and C20 windows of various types, all in C19 apertures with segmental arches. 4-panel door, the upper panels glazed. False pilasters indicate the positions of the 5 storey-posts in the front elevation. Interior not inspected. Described as 'Little Hayes or Drapers' in a deed of 1850 in the possession of the owner. As Drapers the tenement can be traced back to 1566. (Assize rolls, 23.3.1566, Essex Record Office).

Listing NGR: TQ8328197878

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 117442

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing