MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES NORTH OF PATH AND 14 METRES WEST OF LYCH GATE, CHURCHYARD OF ST PETERS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1111052

Date first listed: 08-Aug-1985

Statutory Address: MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES NORTH OF PATH AND 14 METRES WEST OF LYCH GATE, CHURCHYARD OF ST PETERS, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES NORTH OF PATH AND 14 METRES WEST OF LYCH GATE, CHURCHYARD OF ST PETERS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1111052 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 17:08:37.

Location

Statutory Address: MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES NORTH OF PATH AND 14 METRES WEST OF LYCH GATE, CHURCHYARD OF ST PETERS, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Maldon (District Authority)

Parish: Great Totham

National Grid Reference: TL8619711059

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 81 SE 4/123

GREAT TOTHAM CHURCH ROAD

Monument approx. 2 metres north of path and 14 metres west of Lych Gate, Churchyard of St. Peters

GV II Monument. Circa 1900. Cast Iron. Etna Foundry. A head monument cast in lower panel, Ethel Mary Newton, died 27 July 1900, aged 12 years, gone from us but not forgotten. The moulding on lower panel crosses at top angles and supports an ornate and pierced iron cross, this on a stem with moulded base and draped with pierced foliage and ribbons from panel to cross arms and surrounding the top of the cross. Ornate and interwoven letters IHS fill the centre of the cross. An example of the unusual and finely detailed cast iron monuments in this Churchyard.

Listing NGR: TL8619711059

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 118959

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing