BARN NORTH EAST OF ROOKWOOD HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1111340

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1967

Statutory Address: BARN NORTH EAST OF ROOKWOOD HALL, ROMAN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN NORTH EAST OF ROOKWOOD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1111340 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 18:54:16.

Location

Statutory Address: BARN NORTH EAST OF ROOKWOOD HALL, ROMAN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Epping Forest (District Authority)

Parish: Abbess Beauchamp and Berners Roding

National Grid Reference: TL 56084 11006

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for:

TL 51 SE ABBESS, BERNERS AND ROMAN ROAD BEAUCHAMP RODING (NW side)

2/4 Barn NE of Rookwood Hall 20.2.67

the grade shall be amended to read: II*(star)

------------------------------------ TL 51 SE ABBESS, BERNERS AND ROMAN ROAD (NW SIDE) BEAUCHAMP RODING

2/4 Barn NE of Rookwood 20.2.67 Hall GV II

Barn. C15 timber framed and weatherboarded with half hipped concrete tiled roof. Formerly a 2 storey domestic type structure with a diamond mullioned window to each of the original 4 bays on each side. Formerly jettied on the E end, the roof is of hybrid form of cross quadrant crown posts and collar purlin and framed side purlins with curved wind bracing. The scarf joints are halved with double bridles. When converted to a barn, bays were added on both ends and a midstrey added to the S side. Said to have been the original meeting place of the Presbyterians in the parish, before they built a church by Anchor House in c.1730. Moated site. (RCHM 4).

Listing NGR: TL5608411006

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 118306

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of Essex Central and South West, (1921)

End of official listing