This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

KELLARS FARMSTEAD TO SOUTH OF KEELARS FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: KELLARS FARMSTEAD TO SOUTH OF KEELARS FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1111475

Location

KELLARS FARMSTEAD TO SOUTH OF KEELARS FARMHOUSE, KEELARS LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Tendring

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Elmstead

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 27-Mar-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 120071

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TM 02 SE ELMSTEAD KEELARS LANE 6/16 Keelars Farmstead to south of Keelars Farmhouse

GV II

Farm buildings complex. Dated NCC 1861. Red brick with grey slate roofs. The buildings enclose the farmyard on 4 sides with an entrance to the north. The western range adjoining Keelars Lane is a single storey enclosed range with stable doors and windows all with louvres over. Extending north beyond the enclosed yard is a 2 storey range, the roof outshot to road. This range with 4 chamfered, red brick depressed arches to east and 3 to north faces, these with stone imposts. 2 of the northern archways now with vertically boarded doors. Loft doorway to north face. Moulded cornice. Semi-circular window with glazing bars and stone plaque relating "NCC 1861" to gable. Dentilled eaves cornice to east face. There is an iron driving shaft running through the ground floor. The southern single storey range has various open and enclosed bays those to the east weatherboarded. The eastern barn with vertically boarded full height doors into the farmyard and a central gabled midstrey to east. 2 single storey ranges to the north are of 4 bays, one open, the other part weatherboarded and with a door.

Listing NGR: TM0522223042

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TM 05222 23042

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1111475 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 04:22:17.

End of official listing