MEMORIAL PLAQUE AND ENCLOSING RAILINGS, ATTACHED TO EXTERNAL EAST WALL OF CHANCEL BELOW EAST WINDOW CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1111501

Date first listed: 04-Jul-1986

Statutory Address: MEMORIAL PLAQUE AND ENCLOSING RAILINGS, ATTACHED TO EXTERNAL EAST WALL OF CHANCEL BELOW EAST WINDOW CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MEMORIAL PLAQUE AND ENCLOSING RAILINGS, ATTACHED TO EXTERNAL EAST WALL OF CHANCEL BELOW EAST WINDOW CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1111501 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 01:25:23.

Location

Statutory Address: MEMORIAL PLAQUE AND ENCLOSING RAILINGS, ATTACHED TO EXTERNAL EAST WALL OF CHANCEL BELOW EAST WINDOW CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Tendring (District Authority)

Parish: Frinton and Walton

National Grid Reference: TM 21976 22032

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

FRINTON AND WALTON THE STREET, TM 22 SW KIRBY-LE-SOKEN (south side) 3/77 Memorial plaque and enclosing railings, attached to external east wall of Chancel below east window Church of St. Michael GV II Memorial plaque and enclosing railings. Cast iron. Mid C19. The large plaque with capitals and bases to side shafts and moulded 4 centre arched head relates "To Richard Savage, 3 February 1816 and Mary his widow, D. 7 February 1832. Each in the 82nd year of their age, also to several of their children and Mrs. Thos. Grist, father of Mrs. Savage who died 9 August 1793, This humble token of filial affection set up by Wlm. Henry Savage, Citizen and Grocer of London, their only surviving son etc". Cast by Coleman and Wallis. Short cast iron railings are attached to the southeast and southwest corners of the Chancel and enclose a small memorial garden. The twisted posts have octagonal bases and arched braces forming 2 centred arches below the top rails. Ornate finials to rails.

Listing NGR: TM2197622032

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 119926

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing