THE MOOT HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1111552

Date first listed: 14-Mar-1983

Statutory Address: THE MOOT HALL, 101, MARINE PARADE EAST

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MOOT HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1111552 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 16:54:55.

Location

Statutory Address: THE MOOT HALL, 101, MARINE PARADE EAST

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Tendring (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TM 18632 15282

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CLACTON-ON-SEA MARINE PARADE EAST TM 11 NE 7/8 No. 101 The Moot Hall 14.3.83 II House. Late C15 and originally called Mannings Farmhouse, Hawstead, Bury St. Edmunds. Moved in its entirety and re-erected on its present site c.1911 under the direction of Messrs. Gill and Reigate of Oxford Street, London, architects, with the addition of the chimney stacks and some windows. Timber framed, vari-patterned red brick nogging infill. Red plain tiled roofs. Left and right external red brick chimney stacks each with 3 attached diagonal shafts, bands and capping, the rear stack with 2 similar shafts. T-plan, the rear wing with plaster infill. 2 storeys and attics. Jettied first floor and central feature gable with carved bressumers and carved bargeboards to gable. Close set heavy studding with diagonal halved braces and jowled storey posts. 6 light mullion window to gable. First floor central 5 light cross transom oriel with moulded head and soffit, right and left 4 light mullion windows. Ground floor, carved brackets to jetty. Left 6 light and right 4 light mullion and transom windows. Returns with smaller similar vari-light mullion windows. All windows square leaded, moulded mullions and transoms. Gabled porch and panelled door to rear right. Essex County Chronicle 30 June 1911.

Listing NGR: TM1863215282

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 119868

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Essex County Chronicle' in 30 June, (1911)

End of official listing