BAPTIST CHAPEL TO NORTH EAST OF NUMBER 5

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1111793

Date first listed: 05-Aug-1986

Statutory Address: BAPTIST CHAPEL TO NORTH EAST OF NUMBER 5, BURNHAM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BAPTIST CHAPEL TO NORTH EAST OF NUMBER 5
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1111793 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 15:39:32.

Location

Statutory Address: BAPTIST CHAPEL TO NORTH EAST OF NUMBER 5, BURNHAM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Maldon (District Authority)

Parish: Southminster

National Grid Reference: TQ 95759 99581

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 94/9599 SOUTHMINSTER BURNHAM ROAD

12/124 Baptist Chapel to north east of No. 5

GV II

Baptist chapel. Dated 1861. Red brick, gault brick quoins, gable cornice, upper window arches and porch pilasters, painted stone architraves and friezes, grey slate roof. Symmetrical, the lugged gault pilasters lead into the stone coped gable cornice. Gault bases and stone capitals to porch pilasters, plain frieze with band, slanting slated roof over. Plain stone architrave to panelled double doors. 3 adjoining semi-circular headed. lights over, the outer 2 glazed with 2 glazing bars each, the inner with a stone plaque inscribed "Baptist Chapel, erected 1861." Tall tapering Egyptian style small paned windows to right and left with moulded painted stone surrounds, friezes and moulded canopies on brackets. Similar windows to left and right returns. There is a small flat roofed extension hall to rear left of matching materials with a single small paned window facing forward.

Listing NGR: TQ9575999581

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 119274

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing