PUMP ON VERGE APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES WEST OF GOLDSANDS ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1111795

Date first listed: 05-Aug-1986

Statutory Address: PUMP ON VERGE APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES WEST OF GOLDSANDS ROAD, HALL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of PUMP ON VERGE APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES WEST OF GOLDSANDS ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1111795 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 15:55:40.

Location

Statutory Address: PUMP ON VERGE APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES WEST OF GOLDSANDS ROAD, HALL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Maldon (District Authority)

Parish: Southminster

National Grid Reference: TQ9638199538

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 99 NE 8/128

SOUTHMINSTER HALL ROAD Pump on verge approx. 2 metres west of Goldsands Road

II

Village pump. Circa 1832. John Richmond, Engineer. A cast iron obelisk standing on a base, the tapering sides are panelled with cornice, hipped head with acorn finial. Moulded inscriptions "Erected by The Governors of The Charter House, March 1832, and, Richmond and Son Engineers, Chelmsford", to front panels. Large plain spout to upper front panel with support ties and ring to centre. Curved handle to upper right panel. Of importance as the only known identifiable casting of the Richmond Foundry and one of only 2 obelisk survivors, the other circa 1850 at Ridgewell. "Essex and the Industrial Revolution. John Booker, E.R.O. 66. 1974."

Listing NGR: TQ9638199538

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 119278

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Booker, J, Essex and the Industrial Revolution, (1974), 66

End of official listing