LOWER TEMPLE LAUGHERNE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1111815

Date first listed: 18-Dec-1992

Statutory Address: LOWER TEMPLE LAUGHERNE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOWER TEMPLE LAUGHERNE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1111815 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 03:03:44.

Location

Statutory Address: LOWER TEMPLE LAUGHERNE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Worcestershire

District: Malvern Hills (District Authority)

Parish: Broadheath

National Grid Reference: SO 82665 55664

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following building shall be added to the list: SO 85 NW BROADHEATH

4/10001 Lower Temple Laugherne

II

House. Circa 1680. Flemish and flemish stretcher bond red brick. Steeply pitched machine tile hipped roof with deep eaves on moulded brackets. 2 brick axial stacks on south east side of ridge. PLAN: 3-room plan. Centre room (hall) and right hand (NE) rooms heated from back-to-back fireplaces in axial stack; left hand (SW) room heated from corner fireplace in axial stack and with cellar below. Long attic chamber over centre and left end and smaller attic chamber over right hand end. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys, attic and cellar. Asymmetrical 5-window SE front. C18 or C19 casements to left of centre on ground and first floors; remainder C20 casements in altered openings; C20 French casement to left of centre. Original cellar doorway on left with cambered brick arch, moulded wooden frame and plank door. Plat band at first floor level continues around house but is breached at rear where the wall has been patched; one original wooden cross-mullion transom window (lower mullion removed) first floor right; remainder C20 casements, C20 doorway at centre and C20 outshuts to left and right: C20 windows in end walls. INTERIOR: Left (SW) room has corner fireplace with chamfered timber lintel with long step stops and curved brick back; corner fireplace in chamber above with timber lintel and cellar below with 2 chamfered cross-beams with short hollow step stops. Staircases replaced and other fireplaces blocked. Attics ceiled but trusses exposed, the principals with curved feet supported on tie-beams. SOURCE: Probate inventory of William Parr (1711/12), who occupied the house from about 1686.

Listing NGR: SO8266555664

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 355174

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing