HENRY LONSDALE HOME (ROSE HILL)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1111831

Date first listed: 01-Apr-1957

Statutory Address: HENRY LONSDALE HOME (ROSE HILL), A69

Map

Ordnance survey map of HENRY LONSDALE HOME (ROSE HILL)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1111831 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 15:55:42.

Location

Statutory Address: HENRY LONSDALE HOME (ROSE HILL), A69

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cumbria

District: Carlisle (District Authority)

Parish: Wetheral

National Grid Reference: NY 43467 56078

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WETHERAL A69 NY 45 NW (North Side)

5/194 Henry Lonsdale Home 1. 4.57. (Rose Hill)

II

Old peoples home, formerly house. 1835 for John Smith Bond. Polished ashlar from Cumwhinton Quarry with chamfered plinth course, slate roof with lead hips, moulded eaves cornice. South front has 2 storeys, 3 bay centre with diagonally projecting semi-octagonal corner bays. Tetrastyle curved Roman Doric central porch with ornamental frieze and cast iron balcony over. Panelled door with patterned fanlight has rounded arch surround with keystone. Sash windows with glazing bars have plain surrounds. West and east faces of Flemish bond brickwork and ancillary buildings to north include parts of the pre-1835 farmhouse. Passed by marriage from the Bond to the Lonsdale family, who lived here until 1975. Bequeathed as old peoples home and converted 1980-81 by County Architects Department, retaining its appearance and internal fittings. Original plans, with written agreement with builder Thomas Robson, in County Record Office (TL 828/6).

Listing NGR: NY4346756078

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 77775

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing