This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

ARDLEIGH PARK

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: ARDLEIGH PARK

List entry Number: 1112050

Location

ARDLEIGH PARK, PARK ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Tendring

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Ardleigh

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Nov-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 120388

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ARDLEIGH PARK ROAD TM 02 NE

6/43 Ardleigh Park

- II

House. C18 of possibly earlier origin with later alterations and additions. Gault brick faced circa 1830. Hipped grey slate roof. Right and left rear chimney stacks. 3 storeys. Of 5 bays, the central bay breaks forward with open moulded pediment above eaves level. Painted bands below first and second floor windows. Vertically sliding sash windows with gauged brick arches to each bay excepting the second floor of the central bay which has 2 similar windows. Central portico with moulded capitals to columns and pilasters which support the heavy frieze and cornice. Double doors with upper vertical lights, fanlight over. The home of Rev. Marshall Lugar, farmer and sometime curate of Thorrington and Arlesford. The House was also known as New House and New Park. F.H. Erith "Ardleigh in 1796", 1978.

Listing NGR: TM0553527418

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Erith, F H, Ardleigh in 1796, (1978)

National Grid Reference: TM 05535 27418

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1112050 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 09:00:14.

End of official listing