This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

COACH HOUSE AND STABLE BLOCK 15 METRES WEST OF BEAUMONT RECTORY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: COACH HOUSE AND STABLE BLOCK 15 METRES WEST OF BEAUMONT RECTORY

List entry Number: 1112126

Location

COACH HOUSE AND STABLE BLOCK 15 METRES WEST OF BEAUMONT RECTORY, CHAPEL ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Tendring

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Beaumont-cum-Moze

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 29-Apr-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 30-Jan-1987

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 120250

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BEAUMONT-CUM-MOZE CHAPEL ROAD TM 12 SE (south side) 5/6 Coach-house and stable block 15 metres south- 29.4.52 west of Beaumont Rectory, formerly listed as Outbuildings at Beaumont Rectory GV II

Coach-house and stable block. Circa 1800. Red brick in Flemish bond, roofed with slate. Single range facing N. One storey. Central boarded door (to stables) with vertically-pivoted cast iron fanlight in semi-circular arch of gauged brick. To each side, one similar blind arch, and one doorway to coach-house, with semi-elliptical arch of gauged brick, symmetrically arranged. Double doors present in left doorway. Altered doors in right doorway, but the original double doors are dismounted within the building. Hipped roof of shallow pitch. Central square wooden louvre with tented metal roof and arrow weathervane. Original stall divisions and feeding troughs.

Listing NGR: TM1774824963

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TM 17748 24963

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1112126 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 06:35:01.

End of official listing