MILL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1112135

Date first listed: 30-Jan-1987

Statutory Address: MILL HOUSE, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MILL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1112135 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 18:46:04.

Location

Statutory Address: MILL HOUSE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Tendring (District Authority)

Parish: Great Oakley

National Grid Reference: TM 19508 27673

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GREAT OAKLEY HIGH STREET TM 1827-1927 (south-east side) 7/33 Mill House

GV II

House. C18. Timber framed, plastered, roofed with handmade red clay tiles. 3 bays facing NW, with central stack, forming a lobby-entrance. Full-length original out-shut at rear, roofed with red clay pantiles, and small C20 extension to rear of it. C19 single-storey extension to right, front wall of plastered brick, other walls of concrete, roofed with red clay pantiles. Early C19 single-storey lean-to extension to left, with internal stack at rear, roofed with machine-made red clay tiles. 2 storeys. 3-window range of C18 sashes of 12 lights, with crown glass. Central 6-panel door, the top 2 panels glazed, the other panels flush. In the left extension, early C19 6-panel door, the top 2 panels glazed, the middle panels fielded, the bottom panels flush. Moulded plinth. Moulded eaves cornice. Stepped parapet at front of left extension. The left return has 2 early C19 sashes of 12 lights on the ground floor of the extension, and one on the first floor of the main house, with crown glass. 2 wood-burning hearths, reduced for C20 grates, and an early C19 cast iron ducknest grate in left extension. Chamfered beams with lamb's tongue stops in rear outshut. Main frame of hardwood, jointed and pegged, exposed in right ground floor room and on first floor. Early C19 half-glazed internal door to left extension. The name refers to a windmill which formerly stood 100 metres to the NE.

Listing NGR: TM1950827673

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 120275

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing