TINDON MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1112248

Date first listed: 22-Feb-1980

Statutory Address: TINDON MANOR

Map

Ordnance survey map of TINDON MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1112248 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 16:20:24.

Location

Statutory Address: TINDON MANOR

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Uttlesford (District Authority)

Parish: Great Sampford

National Grid Reference: TL 61846 34333

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GREAT SAMPFORD TINDON END 1. 5222 Tindon Manor TL 63 SW 19/365

II

2. C17 timber-framed and plastered house considerably altered and added to in the C19. An oak panel in the interior has the date 1684 which is possibly when the house was built. The east front has gables at the north and south ends and there is a C19 gabled block added at the north end. All the gables have ornamental bargeboards. The windows are mainly double-hung sashes with glazing bars, some casements. The ground storey has 4 bay windows and the windows in the north block have "Gothic" arched top lights. Roof tiled, with an internal chimney stack in the centre of the front, with 3 moulded shafts (C19). There are the remains of a moat. The house was owned by Sir John McAdam (Macadam roads) in the mid C19. (RCHM 34).

Listing NGR: TL6184634333

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 121980

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex North West, (1916)

End of official listing