THATCH COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1112451

Date first listed: 22-Feb-1980

Statutory Address: THATCH COTTAGE, 21, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THATCH COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1112451 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 09:15:12.

Location

Statutory Address: THATCH COTTAGE, 21, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Uttlesford (District Authority)

Parish: Chrishall

National Grid Reference: TL 44558 39233

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHRISHALL HIGH STREET 1. 5222 (east side) Chrishall Green No 21 (Thatch Cottage) TL 4439 30/111

II

2. Timber-framed and plastered house probably of C15 origin with C17 and later features. One storey and attics. Casement windows. Roof thatched, half hipped at the north and south ends, with a modern tiled gabled dormer and a C17 central chimney stack with rectangular shafts. The interior has some exposed ceiling beams. (RCHM 12).

Listing NGR: TL4455839233

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 121542

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex North West, (1916)

End of official listing