BARROW HALL FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1112600

Date first listed: 13-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: BARROW HALL FARMHOUSE, BARROW HALL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARROW HALL FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1112600 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 07:56:21.

Location

Statutory Address: BARROW HALL FARMHOUSE, BARROW HALL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Rochford (District Authority)

Parish: Great Wakering

National Grid Reference: TQ 92072 88046

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GREAT WAKERING BARROW HALL ROAD TQ 98 NW 12/123 Barrow Hall Farmhouse GV II House. C18 of possibly earlier origin. Red brick. Red plain tiled double range roof. Right and left chimney stacks to each range. Eaves cornice. 2 storeys. 5 window range of vertically sliding sashes, small paned to ground floor, with horns to first floor. Central 6-panel door, moulded surround, moulded open pediment, step approach. Tumble-in brickwork buttresses to right front and rear angles. One of the 2 manors of Great Wakering, it was occupied circa 1763 by John Rush and M. Peacock was Lord of the Manor of Barrow Hall, and the farm was occupied by J.A. Dean. John Wakering, Bishop of Norwich who built the West Tower of Little Wakering Church lived at Barrow Hall 1416-1425. Moated site. Philip Morant The History of Essex 1763. Kelly's Directory 1912.

Listing NGR: TQ9207288046

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 123137

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Morant, P, The History of Essex, (1763)
'Kellys Directory' in Essex, (1912)

End of official listing