THE PRIEST'S HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1112697

Date first listed: 19-Aug-1980

Statutory Address: THE PRIEST'S HOUSE, 109, ASHINGDON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE PRIEST'S HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1112697 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 11:32:14.

Location

Statutory Address: THE PRIEST'S HOUSE, 109, ASHINGDON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Rochford (District Authority)

Parish: Hawkwell

National Grid Reference: TQ 87078 91146

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HAWKWELL ASHINGDON ROAD TQ 89 SE 4/1 No. 109. (The Priest's House) 19.8.80 - II

House. Circa 1500 with later alterations and additions. For Richard Lord Rich. Timber framed, C18 red brick faced. Hipped red plain tiled roof. No chimney stack visible from road. 2 storeys and attics, 2 square headed dormers with 2 light casements. Dentilled eaves cornice. 3 small paned vertically sliding sashes to first floor. Right and left C19 angled bays to ground floor, vertically sliding sashes with glazing bars. Central 2 panelled door with 3 top lights, moulded surround and pediment. 2 window range to right return (Ashingdon Road face) of small paned vertically sliding sashes, segmental head. Part glazed double doors to right. 3 round tie plates at ceiling level. Rear wing. Possibly built as an L plan hall house. Interior features include C18 staircase and fireplaces. Main range with jowled storey posts and chamfered bridging joists. Rear range with heavy jowled storey posts and sooted rafters of open hall. Part of the Lord Rich estate in 1557. Marked on the Chapman and Andre map of 1777 as Swanes.

Listing NGR: TQ8707891146

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 122973

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing