This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

OLD COURT HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: OLD COURT HOUSE

List entry Number: 1113192

Location

OLD COURT HOUSE, NORTH END WAY

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Camden

District Type: London Borough

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-May-1974

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 477617

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMDEN

TQ2686SW NORTH END WAY 798-1/16/1221 (West side) 14/05/74 Old Court House

GV II

Detached house, now converted to retirement home flatlets. Early C18 with late C18 and early C19 alterations and additions. Multi-coloured stock brick. Extensions with slated hipped roofs. Central bay of 3 storeys and cellar flanked by 2 storey later extensions. Windows 2:3:2, the centre 3 blind. Central doorway with Doric doorcase under glass and timber porch. Mostly gauged red brick flat arches to recessed sashes with exposed boxing. Southern extension has a ground floor canted bay window with ogee penthouse roof. INTERIOR: hall has distyle-in-antis timber Ionic screen and chimney-piece with Ionic three quarter columns, egg-and-dart cornice, and frieze panels with a cartouche flanked by foliage. Stair of column on vase balusters with fluted Composite capital newel. Understood to retain other features of interest. HISTORICAL NOTE: known variously as Heath View, Earlsmead and the Old Court House. This latter name coined as late as 1926 when the house was bought by Mr Campbell Hunter. The name referred to the fact that during the 1850s the house was occupied by the Dunnett Estate Office: Dunnett was the Manor Surveyor at that period, and a seemingly spurious connection with manorial courts (which were actually held at the original Jack Straw's Castle) was thus stressed.





Listing NGR: TQ2624686405

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 26246 86405

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1113192 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 06:00:15.

End of official listing