CATTLE TROUGH IN FRONT OF NUMBER 195 (NUMBER 195 NOT INCLUDED)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1113196

Date first listed: 01-Jul-1998

Statutory Address: CATTLE TROUGH IN FRONT OF NUMBER 195 (NUMBER 195 NOT INCLUDED), GRAYS INN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CATTLE TROUGH IN FRONT OF NUMBER 195 (NUMBER 195 NOT INCLUDED)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1113196 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 12:01:12.

Location

Statutory Address: CATTLE TROUGH IN FRONT OF NUMBER 195 (NUMBER 195 NOT INCLUDED), GRAYS INN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Camden (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 30654 82511

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMDEN

TQ3082SE GRAYS INN ROAD 798-1/96/1762 (West side) 01/07/98 Cattle Trough in front of No.195 (No.195 not included)

GV II

Single cattle trough. 1885. Presented by the Metropolitan Cattle Trough and Drinking Fountain Association. In front of No.195 Grays Inn Road, and east of Eastman Dental Hospital (not included). Granite, approx 2.5m in length; supported on rectangular granite plinths at either end. Long side to street with inscription identifying it as the work of the MCT and DFA. To pavement side inscription indicates that it was given 'in loving memory of HTW and MWW 1885'. To south return an inscription from Proverbs partially obliterated. At north end an ogee cap for drinking bowl and another biblical inscription, also partly obliterated.





Listing NGR: TQ3065482511

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 477621

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing