PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1113310

Date first listed: 29-Mar-1999

Statutory Address: PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL, THE CLOUD

Map

Ordnance survey map of PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1113310 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 19:15:12.

Location

Statutory Address: PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL, THE CLOUD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Staffordshire

District: Staffordshire Moorlands (District Authority)

Parish: Rushton

National Grid Reference: SJ 91030 62433

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

5J965W RUSHTON THE CLOUD, Ruston Spencer

1915/4/10022 Primitive Methodist Chapel

II

Primitive Methodist Chapel. 1815; extended Late C20. Coursed stone. Clay plain tile roof with stone-coped gable ends with shaped kneelers. PLAN: Single-cell rectangular plan; Sunday school added to south end circa late C20. EXTERIOR: Single-storey. 3-bay east elevation with three round-arch windows in dressed stone frames with cites and wooden 16-pane fixed-light windows, the centre with opening top Light. Similar but smaller window in north gable end. Rear (W) watt is blind and with small outshut on left. Sunday school extension on south end, brick with lower roof. INTERIOR: Ceiled and with plastered walls. Simple furnishings with Cl9 benches with shaped ends, panelled rostrum with brass candlesticks, and marble wall monuments. NOTE: Cloud Chapel is one of the earliest Primitive Methodist chapels to be built.



Listing NGR: SJ9103062433

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 473479

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing