Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1113327

Date first listed: 11-Jan-1998

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Jan-1999

Statutory Address: 17, LYNDHURST GARDENS


Ordnance survey map of 17, LYNDHURST GARDENS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1113327 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 19:32:27.


Statutory Address: 17, LYNDHURST GARDENS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Camden (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 26829 85274


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


TQ 2685 SE LYNDHURST GARDENS (West side) 798-1/38/1830 No.17


Detached house. 1889-90, altered 1987-8. By Horace Field. For Russell Scott. Red brick, tile-hanging on upper storey, casement windows partly of stone, partly of timber, with leaded lights. Tiled roofs with overhanging eaves and timber bargeboards. 2 main storeys. Irregular composition in Domestic Revival style, much influenced by Norman Shaw. Main front south-facing, at right-angles to road, with three irregular gables, the central one over round arched entrance with broad 2 panel door with flanking quarter columns and sidelights plus broad fanlight and large projecting shell hood supported on ornate console brackets. Eastern flank towards road has tall chimney and broad shaped gable. Some alterations on this side, notably late C20 fire escape not of special interest. Western front has late C20 addition not of special interest. INTERIOR retains many original features. Entrance passage has built-in porters seat. Entrance hall has original panelling, plasterwork, door surrounds and fireplace. Two arches leading to original staircase with square newels and turned balusters, upper landing has similar balustrade, though now boxed in with fire screens. Main reception room to south-east of hall has two original fireplaces one in an inglenook, door surrounds, connecting archway with sliding double doors, other reception room to east has coving, dado, door surrounds and built-in window seat with chests of draws. Upper floor rooms retain some door surrounds and a fireplace.

Listing NGR: TQ2682985274


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 473525

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing