METHODIST CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1113341

Date first listed: 01-Apr-1999

Statutory Address: METHODIST CHAPEL, THE CAUSEWAY

Map

Ordnance survey map of METHODIST CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1113341 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 06:28:22.

Location

Statutory Address: METHODIST CHAPEL, THE CAUSEWAY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Sedgemoor (District Authority)

Parish: Mark

National Grid Reference: ST 35970 47555

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST34NE MARK THE CAUSEWAY (South side) 436/9/10005

Methodist Chapel II

Nonconformist chapel. Dated 1797; manse reconstructed circa 1900. Painted Flemish bond brick. Pantile mansard roof with coped west gable end. PLAN: Rectangular single-cell chapel, with entrance at west end under a gallery. Manse on north side converted to church rooms and kitchen. EXTERIOR: Chapel has 3 round-headed windows on south side with later 16-pane sashes with top lights. Smaller round-headed window in east gable end. West gable end has small round- headed window with later frame and doorway below with plain frame and plank double-doors. Manse on north side facing road, gable-ended pantile roof, 2 storeys, upper windows blocked, C20 ground floor windows and brick gabled porch at centre with side door. INTERIOR: Auditorium of chapel has plastered barrel-vaulted ceiling; and gallery at west end on slender iron columns, with panelled front, and with benches. The tiered seating on the side walls has been removed and the rostrum is missing. Panelled internal porch under gallery, and later Cl9 panelled screen below gallery front.



Listing NGR: ST3597047555

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 473563

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing