This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

2,4,6,8, ST MARYS ROAD

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 2,4,6,8, ST MARYS ROAD

List entry Number: 1113384

Location

2,4,6,8, ST MARYS ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Slough

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 29-Sep-1950

Date of most recent amendment: 03-Aug-1984

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 38726

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 07 NW SLOUGH St. MARY'S ROAD (east side)

5/8 Nos. 2, 4, 6 And 8 (formerly listed as Old Alms Houses) 29.9.50 G.V. II*

4 almshouses. Dated 1617 on central stone plaque. Red brick with cement- rendered porch, window dressings and quoins. Old tile roof. 1 ½ storeys North-front: plat band, 4 gabled eaves dormers with 2-light diamond shafts and central ridge stack with 4 diamond shafts. Central projecting 2 storey gabled porch with first floor 2-light diamond leaded casement and round entrance arch with 2 boarded doors to left and right within. 4 ground floor 2-light diamond leaded casement and boarded doors between first and second and third and fourth with four-centred arched heads,and raised brick architraves with triangular pediments. These almshouses were founded by Sir John Kederminster. V.C.H. (Bucks), Vol.3, p.295. B.O.E. (Bucks), pp.182-183.

Listing NGR: TQ0046579490

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Buckingham, (1908), 295
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Buckinghamshire, (1960), 182-183

National Grid Reference: TQ 00471 79491

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1113384 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 03:11:45.

End of official listing