12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, ST MARYS ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1113387

Date first listed: 29-Sep-1950

Date of most recent amendment: 03-Aug-1984

Statutory Address: 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, ST MARYS ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, ST MARYS ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1113387 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 12:42:46.

Location

Statutory Address: 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, ST MARYS ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Slough (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: TQ 00466 79595

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 07 NW SLOUGH St. MARY'S ROAD (east side)

5/1 Nos. 12, 14, 16, 18, 20 And 22 (formerly listed as New 29.9.50 Alms Houses G.V. II* 6 almshouses. 1679 and 1687. Red brick with cement rendered window dressings, porch, and ground floor to left. Old tile roof. 1 1/2 storeys. South front: plinth, plat band, parapeted gable ends crowned with triangular pediments 8 gabled eaves dormers with 2-light diamond leaded casements and 3 ridge stacks each with 4 diamond shafts. Central projecting 2 storey porch with moulded string course and shaped gable end crowned by a traingular pediment; first floor 2-light diamond leaded casement with circular stone panel beneath, rusticated round entrance arch with impost bands, and small round arched windows in sides. 6 ground floor 2-light diamond leaded casements and boarded doors between first second and third and fourth, fifth and sixth with four- centred arched heads, cement rendered architraves and triangular pediments with circular motifs in tympana. Stone plaque on left-hand return wall of porch inscribed: Seymour Almshouses Founded 1679 Restored 1960: These almshouses were founded by Sir Henry Seymour. V.C.H. (Bucks), Vol.3, p.295; B.O.E. (Bucks), p.183.

Listing NGR: TQ0046979596

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 38733

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Buckingham, (1908), 295
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Buckinghamshire, (1960), 183

End of official listing