VILLAGE PUMP

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1113750

Date first listed: 10-Jan-1985

Statutory Address: VILLAGE PUMP

Map

Ordnance survey map of VILLAGE PUMP
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1113750 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 12:48:45.

Location

Statutory Address: VILLAGE PUMP

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Central Bedfordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Haynes

National Grid Reference: TL 08237 41134

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 04SE HAYNES CHURCH END 1/76 Village Pump

GV II

Pump and shelter. Circa 1867. Erected by the Rev. Lord John Thynne. Shelter consists of timber structure on coursed rubble plinth, with hipped roof of decorative clay tiles. Pump has timber case with moulded panels surmounteu by gablets. Iron handle and spout. Front elevation of wood case has carved inscription: " O ye wells bless ye the Lord". (Beds Historical Record Society Survey of Ancient Buildings, "Water Supply", vol II, 1933, p.13.)

Listing NGR: TL0823741134

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 37630

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Survey of Ancient Buildings' in Water Supply, , Vol. 2, (1933), 13

End of official listing