MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1113759

Date first listed: 10-Jan-1985

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1113759 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 04:40:20.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Central Bedfordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Shillington

National Grid Reference: TL 10335 32840

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 1033 3284 HIGHAM GOBION 6/87 Manor Farmhouse

GV II

House. C16, reworked C20. Timber framed construction with colourwashed roughcast render. Clay tile roof. H-plan, central block of 2 storeys and attics, cross-wings of 2 storeys. Windows are mostly early C20 casements with leaded lights, including a rectangular bay to the ground floor of the LH gable, and gabled dormers to the central block. Tall staircase window to LH of central block. Central block has C20 glazed door within open porch with flat hood, and part-glazed double doors flanked by side-lights. Red brick external multiple stacks to side walls of both cross-wings. Interior: ground floor room of LH cross-wing has late C16 fire surround. This is of wood. and has coats of arms in wood inlay belonging to the various branches of the Butler family. The coat of arms in the central pedimented bay belongs to Henry Butler (d.1608), who probably installed the chimney piece.

Listing NGR: TL1033532840

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 37641

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing