BARN AT HUNDREDS FARM APPROXIMATELY 80 METRES NORTH WEST OF FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1114026

Date first listed: 15-Nov-1990

Statutory Address: BARN AT HUNDREDS FARM APPROXIMATELY 80 METRES NORTH WEST OF FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN AT HUNDREDS FARM APPROXIMATELY 80 METRES NORTH WEST OF FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1114026 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 01:00:32.

Location

Statutory Address: BARN AT HUNDREDS FARM APPROXIMATELY 80 METRES NORTH WEST OF FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Central Bedfordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Woburn

National Grid Reference: SP 92798 33339

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following building shall be added:- SP 93 SW WOBURN Barn at Hundreds Farm approx 80 m to north-west 2/80 of farmhouse II Barn. Mid-late C18, probably for the Bedford Estate. Timber frame with weatherboard cladding on brick plinth and brick to front; corrugated asbestos roof. 5 bays with front aisle. Central cart entry in gabled midstrey. Rear: central winnowing door; wide board door at right end; hatch with board door between. Returns each have a door. Interior: timber frame complete, including sole plate, wall posts with slight jowels and bolted knee braces to the beams, and arcade plate, wall ties in aisle, staggered mid-rail, studs, raking braces, queen strut roof trusses with principal rafters, staggered butt purlins, straight wind braces, pegged rafters without ridge-piece carpenters marks. The farm which the barn served was established some time between 1738 and 1771, when threshed wheat was being produced. Browne's map of 1738, County Record Office. Account book, October-December 1771 (R5/1044), County Record Office.

Listing NGR: SP9279833339

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 38296

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing