This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE OLD RECTORY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE OLD RECTORY

List entry Number: 1114098

Location

THE OLD RECTORY, MILL LANE (CHURCH END)

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Central Bedfordshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Tempsford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 16-Jan-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Nov-1986

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 38469

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TEMPSFORD MILL LANE TL 1653 (Church End) 9/100 The Old Rectory, (formerly 16.1.52 listed as The Rectory) GV II House, formerly a rectory. C16, reworked and sustantially extended later C19. Original structure has substantial timber frame, exposed to rear elevation with colourwashed plaster infill, and to E gable end with colourwashed brick infill. N elevation of original block cased in same C19 yellow brick as the additions adjoining to W, Clay tiles to earlier part, C20 tiles elsewhere. Original structure is 2 storeyed, of 2-room plan, Later additions also 2 storeyed but somewhat taller. Variety of sash and casement windows, mostly C19. Earlier block retains a 3-light casement with leaded lights to rear. Original block has ridge stack rebuilt in yellow brick. Interior: earlier block has moulded main posts and tie beam in upper room. House also has reused C16 moulded timbers brought from Tempsford Chantry House (demolished 1939).

Listing NGR: TL1615353022

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 16153 53022

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1114098 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 06:42:26.

End of official listing