This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

SOULDROP VILLAGE HALL AND ADJOINING HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: SOULDROP VILLAGE HALL AND ADJOINING HOUSE

List entry Number: 1114297

Location

SOULDROP VILLAGE HALL AND ADJOINING HOUSE, HIGH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Bedford

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Knotting and Souldrop

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 27-Aug-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 37011

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

KNOTTING AND SOULDROP SOULDROP : HIGH STREET SP 965E (East Side)

2/240 Souldrop Village Hall and adjoining house (former school and school house) - - II

Village hall and former school. Built 1868 by Duke of Bedford, some modernisation in 1911. Gault brick, tile roof, some reconstituted stone dressings. School room has gable end facing High Street. This has projecting gablet over clock dated 1911 in pediment formed by continuation of raised eaves course from side elevations. Two 3-light windows with mullions and transoms divided by central buttress. South elevation has school house at right hand, in cross-wing. Central two storey projecting gable dated 1868: ground floor canted bay with 6-light casement; first floor corbelled over with 3-light window. Cross wing has 5-light window to each of two floors. Between gables is a lean-to hood over the doorway. Several tall single and double shafted chimneys.

Listing NGR: SP9863561656

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 98635 61656

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1114297 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 12:51:30.

End of official listing