HEATH MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1114690

Date first listed: 29-Apr-1952

Statutory Address: HEATH MANOR, LEIGHTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HEATH MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1114690 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 10:13:23.

Location

Statutory Address: HEATH MANOR, LEIGHTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Central Bedfordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Heath and Reach

National Grid Reference: SP 92526 27698

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5125 HEATH AND REACH LEIGHTON ROAD (east side)

Heath Manor SP 9227 NE 8/143 29.4.52

II*

2. Late C16 or early C17 altered early C18, slight C19 alterations. Entrance front of red brick, hipped old tile roof with modern dormers. Two storeys and attics. Five sash windows; ground floor flat arches, first floor ones rendered C19. Central 6 panel door, porch with modern pillars, modillion cornice hood, rusticated pilasters, entablature with triglyphs and mutules. Ashlar quoins. Garden front has Dutch gabled right hand projection containing stone door surround of semi-circular arch with keystone and archivolt, Roman Doric half-columns, entablature with pulvinated frieze and cyma recta cornice broken forward over columns, pediment. Restored chimney stack with carved stone panels. Interior: hall with fielded ovolo panelling, kitchen with timber 4-centred bressumer over fireplace with carved frieze and spandrels. Staircase circa 1640, close string with carved newels and turned balusters. Other rooms have oak panelling, 4-centred fireplace arches. Was owned by H Brandreth circa 1666.

Listing NGR: SP9252627698

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 35973

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing