TOLZEY HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1114933

Date first listed: 17-Sep-1952

Statutory Address: TOLZEY HALL, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of TOLZEY HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1114933 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 14:37:03.

Location

Statutory Address: TOLZEY HALL, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: South Gloucestershire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Marshfield

National Grid Reference: ST 77935 73722

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MARSHFIELD C.P. HIGH STREET (south side) ST 7773 13/122 Tolzey Hall 17.9.52

G.V. II

sTown Hall, now a meeting hall and public convenience. Late C17 altered late C18 and mid C20. Coursed rubble with freestone dressings and quoins; double Roman tiled roof. 2 storeys and attics. 2 bays. Public convenience on ground floor with 3 single light C20 casement windows under drip moulds and 2 segmental headed doorways. First floor: two 2-light casement windows with ovolo moulded mullions and surrounds, plaque on consoles between. 2-light casement window under drip mould in west gable. Plaque reads "This house was built by John Goscott Esqr. and Mary his wife AD 1690 in the reign of King William and Queen Mary. Was removed and rebuilt in the year 1793".

Listing NGR: ST7793573722

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 34535

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing