This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

EASTWOOD PARK

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: EASTWOOD PARK

List entry Number: 1114986

Location

EASTWOOD PARK

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: South Gloucestershire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Falfield

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 05-Jun-1984

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 34677

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 69 SE FALFIELD EASTWOOD PARK

1/54 Eastwood Park

G.V. II

Country house, now a hospital engineering centre. Begun c.1820 for the Earl of Liverpool and rebuilt and enlarged c.1865 probably by S.W. Daukes of Gloucester for Sir G.S. Jenkinson. Coursed squared rubble with freestone dressings; reproduction stone slate roof; modillioned eaves cornice; panelled ashlar stacks. In a French late C17/C18 style. East elevation. 2 storeys and attics in gabled dormers with hipped roofs. 2 : 5 : 2 bays, the outer parts project as wings with hipped roofs. C20 2-light casement windows, segmental headed with keystones on ground floor, panelled aprons to centre 5 ground floor windows and French windows to outer bays; balconies with pierced parapets and on carved brackets to first floor; the dormer windows have round heads with a keystone and a cast iron finial. French quoins to outer bays. The entrance (north) elevation is similar but of only 4 bays and with no balconies to the first floor windows. Off-centre 3 storey tower with porte-cochere; French rustication on first 2 floors and panelled pilasters above; truncated pyramidal roof (formerly with a turret); round headed carriage entries with moulded surrounds and keystones. To the right is a single storey service wing of nine 2-light cross windows, some in bay windows with catslide roofs; louvre ridge vents. Interior: cantilever staircase with cast iron balustrade, painted window with Jenkinson heraldry; the dining room has a decorative plaster cornice.

Listing NGR: ST6742292417

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 67422 92417

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1114986 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 06:44:22.

End of official listing