CHURCH OF ST GEORGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1114989

Date first listed: 05-Jun-1984

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST GEORGE, SUNDAYSHILL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST GEORGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1114989 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 01:14:19.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST GEORGE, SUNDAYSHILL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: South Gloucestershire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Falfield

National Grid Reference: ST 68285 93258

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 69 SE FALFIELD SUNDAYSHILL LANE

1/64 CHURCH OF ST GEORGE

G.V. II

Parish church (Anglian). 1859-60 by S.W. Daukes of Gloucester, in a C13 style. Nave; south porch and tower; chancel. Coursed rubble with freestone dressings; steeply pitched Cotswold stone slate roof with coped raised verges. Nave: 4 bays, plate tracery, cusped heads to the lights and quatrefoils above. Chancel: single bay with single cusped light; 3-light east window. Projecting south porch tower, square on base with diagonal buttresses, moulded pointed arch with label stops; single cusped light above; octagonal bell chamber on ashlar base, 2-light trefoil headed windows, lead spire. C20 single storey vestry to right. Interior: 4 arch-braced collar beam trusses on corbels; finely carved roof screen (1915) and moulded chancel arch. Monument to Sir G.S. Jenkinson, died 1892, alabaster Gothic tablet with crocketed gable and angels.

Listing NGR: ST6828593258

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 34686

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing