This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

PARISH CHURCH OF ST ADELINE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: PARISH CHURCH OF ST ADELINE

List entry Number: 1115004

Location

PARISH CHURCH OF ST ADELINE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: South Gloucestershire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Little Sodbury

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 05-Jun-1984

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 34715

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 78 SE LITTLE SODBURY

8/90 Parish Church of St. Adeline

G.V. II

Parish church (Anglican). 1859 by William James in a Perpendicular style and said to incorporate parts of the former church which stood near the manor. South west tower; Nave with sanctuary; North aisle. Coursed rubble with freestone dressings; Cotswold stone slate roofs with coped raised verges, behind embattled parapets. South west tower of 3 stages with an embattled parapet and pinnacles; diagonal buttresses; 4-centred head to doorcase, oak door with cusped panels and ogee head. Nave: 2-light windows with cusped heads to tracery and under 4-centred heads with dripmoulds; east and west windows have 3-lights. North aisle: 3-light windows with square heads. Interior: 3 bay arcade; arch-braced roof supported on carved corbels. Font: octagonal, in a Perpendicular style with a quatrefoil bowl. Pulpit: octagonal, in a Perpendicular style with cusped niches. Pews and communion rail of 1859.

Listing NGR: ST7575583245

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 75755 83245

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1115004 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 07:31:14.

End of official listing