TREWARVENETH FARMHOUSE AND ADJOINING BARN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1115113

Date first listed: 03-Sep-1982

Statutory Address: TREWARVENETH FARMHOUSE AND ADJOINING BARN

Map

Ordnance survey map of TREWARVENETH FARMHOUSE AND ADJOINING BARN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1115113 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 04:13:34.

Location

Statutory Address: TREWARVENETH FARMHOUSE AND ADJOINING BARN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Penzance

National Grid Reference: SW 46103 27924

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 1498 NEWLYN

SW 4627 9/628 Trewarveneth Farmhouse and adjoining Barn. II

2.

Farmhouse and adjoining barn converted into a studio. C17 house with C18 and C19 alterations and early C19 additions. Stone rubble. Scantle slate roof with gabled ends. Two storeys. Three windows range. C19 sashes in earlier openings, two on first floor with stone surrounds: first floor window in east gable end, of five lights with stone mullions and dripmould, two of the mullions removed when later window was inserted. Modern ground floor bay window and glazed porch. Chimney stacks at gable ends.

Circa early C19 wing to south east with half-hipped roof and segmental bay window of sashes. The wing forms link with a former barn converted into a studio in circa. 1900 for the painter Alexander Stanhope Forbes 1857-1947, a founder member of the 'Newlyn School' and Royal Academician. Stanhope Forbes lived from 1901 to 1904 at Trewarveneth, a former Manor House of the Manor of Trewarveneth.

Listing NGR: SW4610327924

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 351302

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing