BARTON MEADE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1115173

Date first listed: 19-May-1950

Date of most recent amendment: 09-May-1980

Statutory Address: BARTON MEADE HOUSE, KILMERSDON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARTON MEADE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1115173 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 09-Dec-2018 at 19:05:23.

Location

Statutory Address: BARTON MEADE HOUSE, KILMERSDON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bath and North East Somerset (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Norton-Radstock

National Grid Reference: ST 68409 53485

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 05/02/2013

ST 65 SE 2/36 5120 19.5.50

KILMERSDON ROAD Haydon Barton Meade House

(Formerly listed as No 126 (Tyning Farmhouse))

II

Circa 1720. Coursed rubble with red tile roof and stone ridge tiles. Coped gables, square ashlar stacks with moulded caps. Three storeys; 3 windows, 2 light on 2nd and 1st floors, 3 light on ground floor, stone mullioned casements (some with small sashes inserted); square mullion edge-roll type. Central square headed doorway with moulded architrave surround, moulded triangular pediment on cut stone brackets. Two storey wing to right with tiled roof and tall ashlar stack at gable end; 3 light 1st floor window and two 2 light windows on ground floor, stone mullioned casements. Segmental headed entrance to right hand return. Two storey 'L'-plan extension to rear with edge-roll mouldings to openings. Interior altered but details (doors, hinges, flagged floors, etc) retained. Plain roof structure with extra little collar below ridge.

Listing NGR: ST6840953485

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 31956

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing