CHURCH OF ST CHARLES (ROMAN CATHOLIC)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1115663
Date first listed:
23-Jan-1987
Date of most recent amendment:
23-Apr-1990
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST CHARLES, ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST CHARLES (ROMAN CATHOLIC)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1115663 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jul-2019 at 08:30:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST CHARLES, ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Warwickshire
District:
Warwick (District Authority)
Parish:
Budbrooke
National Grid Reference:
SP 25245 64320

Details

BUDBROOKE HAMPTON-ON-THE-HILL Main Street 1827/15/135 CHURCH OF ST CHARLES Roman Catholic Church

GV II*

1819 Gothick church with perpendicular style addition of 1830. Rendered and with slate roof. The 1819 church had a north/south aisle. The present nave was built in 1830 at the centre of the west side forming a T-shaped plan with two transepts, the chancel being only a shallow recess on the east side. 1830 nave with gabled west end with pinnacles, diagonal buttresses and three-light perpendicular traceried window with moulded four-centred arch window below. Interior: four-centred arch altar recess with panelled walls and white marble late Empire altar.



Listing NGR: SP2524564320

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
308004
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/04851/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Walter Chinn. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].